Monday, August 3, 2009

So the wait continues!

Starting a new month, August arrives and we continue to wait for the next Mr. Zimmerman. I guess I never really expected that we would still be in this process a year after we first thought we would be adopting a baby from Nebraska. I continue to call Teresa at DHS every week to see if by some miracle my fingerprints have been read by the OSBI. I am still wishing they would just take my word for the fact that I don't have any hidden secrets in my past. However, having just said that I know that many children are abused and neglected in DHS custody so I agree with their attempt to make every effort to keep the children safe. But gee the process seems to be so long most days. I did attempt to email the people from our family resource group and did receive a very limited response. I was a little dissappointed by that. Anyway the 2 that I talked to did give me some good pespective on the process. Neither of them have recieved a child yet. One had completed the process and are waiting for a boy 3 years or younger, just like us. There was no child that met that classification available for adoption in the first month after they completed the application process. The other person I spoke with said she felt that her DHS worker who did their home study gave her some good advise and information which made me a little more encouraged. She did tell me that she is still waiting for her fingerprints to be read and that she had to have them redone 3 or 4 times so I guess I am still ahead of the game compared to her. So I guess all in all it was good to get to talk with them. A friend did call me to tell me about a girl who was pregnant and was going to give up the baby (a boy by the way) but she is not sure where that process stands. I have learned not to get on the emotional roller coaster again...I think that's progress. We still have no idea where in the world our Mr. is but I do know this, God does. I try to keep myself reminded that he is indeed out there somewhere and just like God brought Steven and I together from across the country he can get our little boy to our home. Still believing that 2009 is the year of the baby. I am so grateful for all the people that continue to support our efforts and pray for our little boy. So for this day I will continue to wait....and build up vacation time. I will be able to take a good deal of time off when he gets here so that is good. So wherever you are little Mr. Zimmerman please know that your Mom and Dad are praying for you and waiting expectantly for your arrival and we love you already.

No comments:

Post a Comment