Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In The Beginning

Our family has engaged in an attempt to increase our family though the DHS adoption process. This blog is an effort to document our journey. We want to share this with all our friends and family and hopefully be able to create a way for our new family member to understand what we did and how we felt about the process of him coming into our family. We have been on an emotional roller coaster for the last year and as I start this I wonder why I didn't start it earlier in the process. Oh well can't undo the past. Why do we want to adopt? That is a question we have been asked often. I am 46 and at my age I sometimes ask myself the same thing, but I know that this is just part of God's plan for our lives.

OUR FAMILY:
Our family currently consists of myself, my husband Steven, our son Mark and his wife Brianna, our son Levon and our daughter Mariah. Oh I can't forget the 4 legged members of our family 2 Airedales (Elizabeth Taylor and Dutchess) and a giant Great Dane/Mastiff mix named Duke. They are just the sweetest dogs and they bring a great deal of joy to our family. Steven and I have been married 6 years now. We met online and a big city guy moved to a very small rural community and we became a new family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You're blogging! This will be neat to read about your process! yay!

    ReplyDelete